Eating the same boring oatmeal every morning? Often when we're "craving" or "desiring" non-healthy foods our palette would be just as satisfied if we gave it a healthier option that was different from our usual. Get out of a breakfast rut with the nutrient packed, yummy and easy oatmeal bowl.
As a bonus, the shredded coconut is a healthful addition to your diet, because it helps maintain healthy tissue and fights disease.
Yum! This recipe was created by Holistic Nutritionist Christal from Nutritionist in the Kitch.
CHUNKY MONKEY PROTEIN OATMEAL
- 1/3 cup instant oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 full scoop of Isa Pro whey
- ½ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (or plain unsweetened almond milk, just add in enough chocolate stevia or coco powder to get a nice chocolate taste)
- ½ cup water
- chocolate stevia to taste (or 5 drops liquid stevia)
- A few sliced of banana (about 1/8 of a banana)
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
Place the oats, protein powder, and stevia (optional), in a bowl and stir to combine.
In a small pot bring the almond milk and water to a boil.
Once boiling, add the almond milk water to the oat mixture and cover for 5 minutes.
Slice the banana and stir into the oatmeal.
Top with shredded coconut.
Credit: NUTRITIONIST IN THE KITCH
Pin this for later!